When putting together your birth support team, give some serious thought to adding a Doula, like me, to the mix.
I provide continuous care, I will journey to your place of birth when called and stay with you until a few hours post-birth.
I bring with a wealth of knowledge about comfort measures and pain reduction techniques that I bring to your labour.
I will support your decisions, whatever those may be, during labour and birth.
I can help you navigate your path through unfamiliar territory.
Here are the numbers, they are pretty impressive:
When women experience continuous labour support there is a:
- 28% decrease in the risk of cesarean section
- 31% decrease in the use of pitocin
- 25% shorter labours
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience.
Contact me to book an obligation free consultation.
Go forth and Rock your Birth!